Current Project

-----------------------------
My Current Project
DIY - Heat Treat Kiln
-----------------------------
A couple of days ago a family member gave me the "long term loan" of her Paragon A-88B Pottery kiln. This kiln is from the mid-70's, and is in need of dire rehabilitation. It has literally been sitting in a garage and then a barn for over 20 years.

I plan on documenting my work on the kiln, and if successful, its use in heat treating recreations of historical arms and armour that I work on as a hobby.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

And in the begining there was fire.......

Well actually this was started because of fire.  A couple of days ago a family member gave me the "long term loan" of her Paragon A-88B Pottery kiln.  This kiln is from the mid-70's, and is in need of dire rehabilitation.  It has literally been sitting in a garage and then a barn for over 20 years.

I plan on documenting my work on the kiln, and if successful, its use in heat treating recreations of historical arms and armour that I work on as a hobby.

Note:  I am not a professional Armourer.  I do not sell anything.  I am not a Kiln repair man.  I can not give you advice or technical information beyond what I post here.  I am just a "hack" with a passion for Do It Yourself (DIY) projects.

Do NOT try these things at home without specific training and experience.  Some of these activities described in this blog can be extremely dangerous or even deadly.  If you injure yourself trying to do these things, it is your own fault.  Do not come back to blame me or sue me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment